You are here
Advertising Account Executive
The job of an advertising account executive is to build effective advertising campaigns for clients.
They increasingly use methods such as viral advertising and online campaigns, as well as traditional
advertising methods such as TV, newspapers, posters, radio and direct mail.
- research clients' products, services, competitors and target markets
- meet clients for briefings and present proposals to clients for approval
- brief agency colleagues, and work with them to plan and implement the best advertising
- solutions for the client
- ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
Long hours are common and advertising staff are expected to work flexibly to meet project
deadlines. Advertising account executives are office based. They travel frequently for meetings and
may be expected to socialise with clients.
An advertising account executive must be:
- quick to absorb and analyse information, and imaginative
- enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing
- approachable, diplomatic and flexible
- a clear communicator, in person and writing
- interested in people and what motivates their consumer choices.
Salaries may range from around £18,000 to £80,000 or more a year for an account director.